Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update on me

Well yesterday was my first appointment at community mental health. And of course as most things go in my life, nothing works they way I plan. My sister was suppose to get Elizabeth off the bus for me after school and watch her while I was gone. However, when her husband got up inthe morning my sister's car wouldn't start and he had class all day, so my poor sister was stuck at home all day with no vehicle. Therefor, I had to take E with me.

She did ok, but she is a typical 4 year old and wants all my attention all the time. At least the therapist I met with for the evalution got a good dose of my everyday life, as E was even attached to her food while we were there. So after an hour of asking me a lot of questions as to why I was there and what I was hoping to accomplish by getting treatment and other things. It was decided that I was approved for services. So my first real appointment the set up my care plan is scheduled for Dec 3rd and I made sure to make it a morning appointment while E is at school. Let's just cross our fingers that she doesn't get sicker between now and then and end up having to stay home from school.

So really there isn't anything new to report. Although I do like having a break right now from my daughter. I know that sounds horrible, I do love her and wouldn't trade her for the world. But it is nice after 4 years to finally have 6 days all to myself. She does call me frequently so I talk to her on the phone. But it's nice knowing I can sleep through the night completely and wake whenever I want to. It has helped me to destress a little with her at her dad's house for the week. I can concentrate on myself for a little bit and not feel guilty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are getting some time to yourself! You need and deserve it!