Monday, November 10, 2008

Pulling my hair out!!

So I know they say it's the terrible twos, and I have heard it called the terrifying threes, so will someone PLEASE tell me what the fours are. I'm not so sure Elizabeth is going to live through them. And the sad part is that she just turned 4 a week ago. She has been awful today.

First off lately she has been going to bed at 8 p.m., but sitting in bed talking to herself or yelling at me to go to bed until like 11 p.m. Then she is getting up at like 6:30 a.m. She also gets a two hour nap around 1 p.m. So today I decided to forgo the nap to see if she would go to bed and go to sleep like she use to at 8 p.m. It very well may have been a huge mistake.

I told her we could go roller skating this afternoon if she was a good girl and ate some cereal for breakfast and listened to mommy until it was time to go. I got her to eat about 15 bites of her cereal which was a good thing. She was kind of mouthy through out the morning, but not too awful bad. However, when I started to get ready to go skating at around 2 p.m. I asked her to go and pick up her toys in the living room and put them in her toy box in her bed room. This is something we have been working on for a month now, keeping her toys picked up in the living room and in her room as well. So I told her that by the time I was done getting ready the toys needed to be picked up. Well, instead of listening she kept coming into my room. So, I finally told her if she didn't pick them up, I was going to throw them away. She looked right at me and said"throw toys away mommy." So that pissed me off so I told her we weren't going skating and to get the toys picked up. She still didn't pick them up. So I swatted her behind and she just sat on the floor and looked at me. Finally I sent her to her room and picked all the toys up, which I have to say mainly are her favorites, i.e. trach baby, stroller, cell phones, backpack, and a purse and walked right past her room to the garage where the trash is and told her I was throwing them away. I didn't actually, instead I put them where she can't find them. I couldn't bring myself to throw out trach baby, too much meaning there. However, she thinks they are gone. And she kept crying and crying about trach baby being gone. It broke her little heart. I made her stay in her room until she stopped crying. Then she came out and we talked about why the toys got thrown away and why she was sent to her room. She asked if we were going skating and I told her no.

Well, I wanted to get out of the house so we went to B.R. to K-mart to go shopping. I put a bunk bed on layaway for her and some other things. While we were there she was a wholly terror. She would not listen for the life of me and kept whining and crying. By the time we got home it was close to 8 p.m. so I got her meds around to give her. She ended up getting a swat on the but for not listening to me and taking her meds from me like she was suppose to. Then she went promptly to bed and fell fast asleep.

So my idea to get her to sleep on time worked, however, I think she def still needs her naps. Maybe once she gets her cpap and we know she is getting true sleep every night it would be different, but after her behavior today I was ready to commit myself. She had me at my wits end. I know it's the age, but nothing seems to work for disciplining her. When I spank her, she just looks at me like"whatever." Time outs don't seem to work and I have been doing them with her since she was like 2 years old. I really am at the end of my rope on what to do with her. And she has some major attitude let me tell you. The other day she yelled at me for turning the radio off and in the store today she was ordering me to get over to her while she was in the cart. I ignored her until she nicely asked me, with please to come over there. And her whining is going to drive me batty. She whines whenever she doesn't get what she wants or when she is tired.

I know everyone has said it's that fighting spirit of hers that has gotten her this far and allowed her to survive against horrible odds, but there are times that I truly wonder if I am going to live through this attitude and stubbornness. I guess I just needed to vent on here about how my day has been with her. Oh, and they don't have school tomorrow. I really love when she is in school and I get at least a little break from my little monster. I do love her and wouldn't trade her for the world, but does she really need to fight me on everything and constantly ask me why when I tell her to do something?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay!! So I do honestly believe that this is a trait. She sounds just like Quincie. OMG When she gets going there is no stopping her. Last night we were watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and she said something that was smart and I corrected her and she looked right at me and said "Geeze, MOM I am just joking okay! Geeze" "Chill OUT!!!" What I couldn't believe my ears. She loves to eat snow and there isn't enough out there for her to eat. I am afraid she is going to get some yellow snow or something. I tell her no and not to do it again and she went right over to the truck and got a handful and ate it right in my face. So I knocked it out of her hands and onto the driveway and she looked at me like I was the one doing something unspeakable. This continues everyday. She is convinced that she is going to be one of the "popular" girls. She had a misconception that in order to be popular you had to be mean. I corrected that really quick with some help from my friend Jenny. It seems like if I give her any sugar at all she is bouncing off the walls within a matter of seconds. I do believe that the miss behavior is in the genes. The things that "E" is pulling sounds just like "Q". Yesterday alone she pulled my box that I keep my nail polish in off of the shelf and broke two bottles (one happened to be hot pink and the other glow in the dark) Can't wait to actually see where the glow~n~dark ended up splattering. She spilt water all over the floor in the bathroom while taking a bath. She was getting a glass of water and spilled the orange cool aid in the fridge. I just wish she would ask for some help instead of climbing everything her little toes will grip. Now she has got a partner in crime because she has the puppy (I sware they team up on me). I am just telling you that this happens and I couldn't help but to laugh at what you said cause everything Jen said Q has done or is still trying to pull. We Love you and miss you E!!

Jennifer and Elizabeth said...

Veronica,

Yeah E is already trying to eat the snow as well. I know I can thank Q for that, as it was Q that showed her she could eat it. E and Stacey got into a big fight about it yesterday as well.

E is also wanting to do everything herself and have no help from others! GRRRR!!!