Elizabeth had her ct scan fro lungs scheduled for today. It was ordered with contrast which meant we had to get an i.v put in her for the dye to be injected. So we went up to peds outpatient at Sparow and luckily had a good i.v. nurse who got it on the first poke. However that didn't matter to E. What mattered was the fact that we even had it done to begin with. She was so mad at us that when I tried to tell her I loved her she would say, "No" She also wouldn't let me kiss her and when I asked if she loved me she again said no. She also told me she was mad that I let them poke her.
So after that we went down to x-ray where they do the ct scan. First they took a 2 view chest x-ray then had her go back to the waiting room. E didn't have her shirt on because of her i.v. in her arm. So she was playing around int he waiting room and was getting off a chair and went down on her stomach and in doing that she got her mic-key button (feeding tube) caught and it came nearly out and the balloon on the inside that holds it inplace broke and all the water came out. So Joe went to the E.R. to get me a syringe so I could check the tube and they called us in for the ct.
Well, E was already mad about the tube so she was not wanting the ct scan done. We got in the room and I was telling her they were just going to take a picture of her laying down with this machine and put some dye in her i.v. At that time the tech tells me they are doing it with out contrast. I was like, WHAT THE FU**!!! It was ordered with contrast and that is why they put the i.v. in, so why are we not doing it that way. The tech says the radiologist said it wasn't being done with contrast. That was the only answer I got. I was instantly pissed. It may not seem like a big deal to others, but for my child, having to get an i.v. in is a huge traumatic event and now I find out it was done for nothing. So I let them do the ct, the whole while fuming and biting my tongue until I could get out of there and call her pulm who ordered the test.
Once the ct was done I checked her balloon on her mic-key and of course it was busted. So off to the e.r. because dumb ass mom doesn't have her replacement mic-key with her and it takes about 1.5 hours to get home and if that tube comes completely out, we are so s.o.l!!! Her whole would close up so fst. So we sit in the e.r. for about 2 hours while they order me a g-tube to pout in her til I can get home and replace the mic-key. While there I call over to her pulm office and tell them waht happened as far as the ct scan and they weren't happy either i am here to tell you. So now, we may have to get he stupid ct scan redone because it wasn't done right in the first place. As for the g-tube, we got a new one and she wasn't happy, but we did get to teach the P.A. on duty all about feeding tubes and how they go in and break and have to be replaced.
So needless to say, it was a rough day all around. She has been in bed for roughly 3 hours now and sound asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment