Elizabeth has been kind of sick since the beginning of the month. It started out as just a cough and nasty nose. I have been watching her closely for the month. She seen her ped on the 4th and she thought it was just a cold, no big deal. Then last week she had a c/t scan and chest x-ray of her lungs done. It was done because she has been so sick for the last year and it hadn't been done in a year so her pulm wanted it done again. They x-ray didn't show anything significant, but the c/t scan showed some inflammation in progress.
All week long E has been more tired then normal. Sleeping like 12 hours at night and taking 2.5 to 3.5 hour long naps during the day. Today she was real clingy and whiny and just wanted me to hold her the majority of the day, which should have been my first clue. There were a few times that I thought she felt warm and even said so, but just didn't get up to check her temp. Finally at around 7 I said it again, but this time did check her temp. Well, it was 103.6. Yep, you read that right. So I immediately gave her some Tylenol and 3 breathing treatments. Two were her xopenex and then atrovent as well as pulmicort. I also gave her a dose of steroids as well. Then an hour later it was still 102.5, so I gave her some Motrin.
Her heart rate has come down a little bit to around 130. Before the Tylenol and Motrin it was 155 to 160. Her sat levels are falling. They are sitting around 94. Her temp is now only 100. So for now I am watching her through the night. If she spikes again or shows anymore signs of distress I will be heading to Lansing to Sparrow, our home away from home. As of tomorrow she has been off antibiotics for 1 month. I am praying it's just a fluke and she will be fine, however, given E and her history I'm not putting much faith in that.
I will update tomorrow if we don't end up in the hospital before then.
1 comment:
Poor little chicklet ! The other night you said you just knew it was about it hit... *sigh* I hope for both you AND her that it is a little nothing and passes even soon than it came... *hugs*
Post a Comment