Tuesday, November 18, 2008

E's New Big Girl Bed
















So a couple of weeks a go I decided that I wanted to get bunk beds for Elizabeth. Well I finally got them. Stacey and I put them together on Sunday. When I first took the toddler bed out of the room to make room to put the new bed together, Elizabeth had a melt down. Now to be honest Stacey and I had talked about all of this with E before doing anything. She was excited and wanted her new bunk bed. However, the reality of loosing the toddler bed I think was something else entirely for her. I think she carried on for like 15 minutes straight about wanting her toddler bed back in her room. I kept telling her it was goint to Aunt Birdie's house so when she slept over there she could sleep on it in the baby's room.

Well, I finally got her clamed down and we put the beds together, no easy feat I must say. But I'm very proud of the job we did. It looks very nice. I even got rid of her feeding pole and was able to jimmy rig the bag to hang from the top post ofher bed and I put the pump at the foot of her bed. I wanted to share with everyone our accomplishment. I do have to say that I need to get a picture of her sleeping in it though. She looks so small in this big old bed. It reminds me so much of when we first brought her home form the NICU and put her in the bassinet insert for the pack and play and how big it wsa around my not even 5 lb baby.

1 comment:

Shylent said...

Sebastian is still snoozing in style in his crib, an will continue too until he realizes there is a way to escape, lol.
I bet Miss E is digging the new bed , I love how it is decorated, so colorful and cheerful !
Congrats on getting it together in the first place, lol !