Friday, January 30, 2009

Bronch

So Elizabeth had her bronch today. Everything went well. Her ent got to take a look at her airway as well and said it looked real well and his reconstruction still looked great!!! A little ridge of scar tissue, but otherwise it was great. The pulm said nothing looked alarmingly wrong. Everything looked to be in good shape and strong...no weakness or flopiness anywhere. They were able to get a real good sample of secretions from her lungs to send in for lab work. It will probably be about 1 week before we know the results of those. The big thing they are looking for with her is as I've said in the past micro-aspiration. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't find any. But that seems to be the most logical possible explaination for E getting sick all the time. Especially being the structure of her lungs seemed to look rather good.

It was a very hard day for me and those closest to me already have the answers as to why. I will just say that I have never been so hurt in my life and I feel like a piece of my heart was literally torn out today. I will never be able to forgive those that did this to me, as I specifically asked them for one thing for one reason and they couldn't even do it this one time for me. I really hope they feel proud of themselves for their actions today.

Anyways, I have been up since yesterday at noon, cause I wasn't able to sleep at all last night. I am hoping to get some sleep tonight, but I am pretty stressed at the moment and still need some time to unwind and make heads or tails of things. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys the Superbowl and may the best team win!!

No comments: