Elizabeth woke up this morning and from the word go her day has been bad. First she didn't want to wear what I picked out for her to school. She wanted another pair of pants, but I couldn't find the shirt for it, so I made her wear a different outfit. She was extremely mad over this. To the point of refusing to get dressed and telling me she didn't want to go to school. Which for her is unusual, because she loves going to school. She was crying and throwing a fit like no other. So I figured she was going to have a bad day, but I never guessed it would be as bad as it was.
She got home from school and was so irritable and started crying and was upset. She had a meltdown because I wouldn't let her sit in the front seat. Normally on the way to the bus and back from getting her off the bus, I will let her sit in the front seat, cause it's only down the driveway. Well today I needed to go get the mail, so she had to sit in her car seat and she had a complete meltdown over it. She wanted no part of it. Now normally if I tell her she can't sit up front because we need to run somewhere she is ok with it. Well not today, nope not at all. Then she says she wants to talk to her dad, so I call him, but he can't talk because there was some kind of emergency going 0n at his house, so he said he would call her back in a bit. Well this threw her even further over the edge. She kept yelling at me and crying that she wanted to call her dada.
I got her home and looked in her backpack and surprise surprise....there is a note in there from her teacher. Apparently E had a bad day at school as well. She didn't want to listen and was trying to make another little boy in her class mad all day. She didn't even get her snack, because she was throwing toys at other kids in the classroom. She normally is really good at school, so this was a huge surprise to me and I'm sure her teacher as well.
She had a good night sleep last night and went to bed at a decent time. In fact this morning she woke up before I had to get her up for school. She has been very irritable since starting her new ant-seizure medication. Which they said could be very common with kids. So last week I called them and we decreased her dosage a little bit and we also added vitamin b6, which is suppose to help with the irritability. I don't know how long it will take for the vitamin b6 to work. So I'm not sure how long I will let this continue before I call the doctors again to see if there is anything else we can do or if we need to change her meds. I just wish she didn't have to go through all this. I feel so bad for her. It is also very difficult to deal with and I'm trying very hard to have patients and know that it's not her fault, it's the medication, but there are times that I have to admit, it's very hard.
So i just thought I would post a quick note here about how her day has gone. I have told her that because of her behavior at school, she won't be allowed to watch any of her movies today. She's not real happy about this, but I need her to know there is a consequence for her actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment