So I know now that Elizabeth is for sure having the bronchoscopy and wash on Jan 30th at U of M Children's' Hospital. It is scheduled for noon. I don't know yet what time we actually have to be there at. I should know that by mid week. It is scheduled as outpatient with the possibility of it being inpatient. They said because they are doing a wash on her and putting fluid in the lungs and can't always get it all back out, there is the possibility that she may need to stay over night. It will all depend on how she does when she comes out of the anesthesia. So I'm crossing my fingers that we will be able to go home that day. It is a Friday though so at least if we do say she won't be missing school, as I kept her home all week long this week because of being sick and it very well may have helped. She hasn't had a fever in a few days and her cough is better. Her nose is still very nasty, but she does seem to be getting better. And on Monday they don't have school anyways, so it will be one more day for her to be home and getting better. In fact I haven't even let her leave the house all week, except to run and get the mail with me and she doesn't even get out of the car. So hopefully we kept this one down to just a cold.
I will def post after the bronch and also when we have results from the bronch. We go and see the feeding doctors on Feb 5th, so then we will also hopefully know more about the feeding program. Keep your fingers crossed for us. We are hoping to get her in and get her little butt eating food properly and be able to get rid of the feeding tube finally!! So the next couple weeks will hopefully be bringing us some much needed answers.
Thanks to all our family and friends for all your support through everything. It has meant a lot to us to know that you have been there for us to help us over every hurdle we have come across. We couldn't have made it this far with out your love and support and I'm sorry I don't thank you all more often. I think of all of you on a daily basis and realize how lucky we are to have such great friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment