Okay, so I'm sitting here listening to Elizabeth cry herself to sleep. I know it sounds mean, but she didn't want to listen to a thing I said tonight, so it earned her a spot in her bed. And to be fair, it is bedtime anyways, if it were a school night. I keep asking myself over and over if I am doing the right thing and will she ever learn.
Elizabeth got all these wonderful toys for Christmas, but doesn't want to clean up after herself. In fact everytime I tell her to clean up I get, "take too long to clean toys up mama." And after hearing that for the upteenth time along with her crying in her room I finally had enough and sent her to her time out chair and told her that I was going to clean up the toys and they were be putting up for a week. Ad not only did I take the toys away, but her books, her teddies, her babies, and even her new blow up bed. I left her with only 1 teddy to sleep with and in all honesty after all the crying and whining I have been listening too, I'm about ready to take that away from her as well. And do you know what she said to me after I cleaned up the toys. Really I'm sure you will die laughing, but I didn't think it funny in the least...she said, "thanks for cleaning my mess mom." I wanted to just shake some sense into her. Instead i finished giving her her meds and then put her to bed.
So now all is put up for a week, but she is going to Aunt Birdies house for two days on New Years Eve and I can't really make her not let E play with anything there, but she won't get any toys here before or after she comes back. I know she has to pick up at school when she is there and as far as I know she does it with no problem. So why do I have such a hard time getting her to do it here. The last time I was fighting with ehr, Randy stepped in and gother to clean up her room in under 20 minutes. In fact I had been having problems getting her to go to sleep. She kept coming up with excuses to get out of bed and what not. I had fought with her for over 2 hours. Randy gets here, goes in the tells her that if she wants him to play with her in the morning she had better go to sleep and that he didn't want to hear another word out of her. And guess what, not another peep was heard from her and she went to sleep. Now, I know she is missing her dad, but this is ridiculous. I just want her to listen to me.
Even though in one of my last blogs I had said that I had cut communication off with her dad, I had given in after 2 days and let her call him cause I felt so bad. Well as of yesterday becasue of the crap he pulled by having Quincie over and refusing to take E, I finally truly had enough. And this time I am not giving in by any means what so ever. E doesn't deserve to get the short end of things and especially not by her dad. She has told him for days now she wanted to see him and he just kept telling her he was working on it, or that he wasn't prepared to have her over or care for her. Or that he didn'thave what he needed for her, even though I told him I would give him everything he needed. He just kept saying no. So yesterday she calls him and he puts Q on the phone to talk to E, which was nice cause E loves her sister, but in the same respect it was a slap in E's face. Her sister was able to be there, but she wasn't allowed. She was so hurt by that and it pissed me off. So I'm completely done. All day today whenever she has asked to talk to her dad I have called my own house phone and it's either been busy or it just rang and rang. So I told her they must not be home or that they were on the phone. And it's not like he can call her, cause of course he has no money for his cell phone and where he is staying this month anyways, they can't make long distance phone calls.
So I don't know if a lot of this behavior and not wanting to listen to me, is cause she wants to see her dad and misses him and is showing me how she is feeling inthis way or what. I mean if Randy asks her to do something she typically does it without a fuss. And she keeps saying she wants Randy to stay at her house. She really likes him and he is good with her, but he can't be here all the time and even when he is here he needs to spend time with Stacey cause he is her boyfriend.
So right now I truly can't wait for school to start again so that I can get a little break and be able to think more clearly. I just truly wish she would learn to listen to what i tell her and do what she is told. Yes, I know, welcome to parenthood....
No comments:
Post a Comment