We made it to Ann Arbor and back yesterday with no problem. It was a very long day though. So I'm sure everyone wants to know what exactally what said yesterday. Elizabeth still has mild sleep apnea and apparently she also has restless leg or limbs. Her sleep study showed that she is having 37.5 involunitary limb movements an hour and a child her age should have normally only 4 to 5 an hour. So they drew a bunch of blood work, cause the limb movement could in part be due to her apnea, but could also be because of low iron levels. So if that comesa back with her being at risk then they will put her on an iron supplement.
They are def going to put her on cpap. I should get a mask from the home health company soon to have her get use to. I will put it on her during the day for periods of time while she is awake and let her get use to it. Then she will go in and get another sleep study done and have the cpap put on for real so they can set the levels it needs to be at. They will also see if her limb movements have improved as well.
I felt so bad that E had to get poked after telling her all day she wouldn't get poked that I went overboard afterwards. I bought her a U of M bear, which I justified because the proceeds go towards the new Mott Childrens' Hospital there and we spend enough time there. Then we went to the mall and she got a train ride and a new baby that she made and named Baby Claire, after her soon to be new cousin. She also got some lotion of her very own, so maybe she will leave my expensive lotion alone. I also got her to sit on Santa's Lap for the first time ver, but it took alot of talking and bribing to get her to do it. I will post a picture later.
So now we seeher pulmonologist and pediatrician next Wednesday for follow ups cause she is still sick and sounding crappy and then on Thursday he gets her swallow study done. So on Friday of next week I will update everyone on what happens both those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment