Friday, December 12, 2008

Elizabeth had a 20 minute Seizure yesterday

Ok wow, I had the most terrifying thing happen yesterday at about 6:30 p.m. Elizabeth was playing in the living room and started to stumble around and then fell and started crying. She wouldn't respond to me and wouldn't open her eyes and just kept crying. She couldn't even hold her own head up. Then from there she stopped crying abruptly and started getting all rigid on me and still wasn't responding to me or anything. Her eyes were fixated off to the left and very dialated. She started jerking around and her finger was doing this wierd tapping thing. She was like that for roughly 15 to 20 minutes. I called 911 even before she went rigid on me. Once I called them I hooked her up to her pulse ox and her oxygen level was only 79% so I hooked her up to her oxygen at 3 liters. By the time the ambulance got here she was finally coming out of it.

We took her Spectrum downtown, which I don't like, but that was the nearest hospital. I would have preferred Lansing, but oh well. They did a ctscan and ekg and blood work and everything came back normal. She didn't have a fever or an infection that they could find. They have no idea what caused the seizure. I am suppose to take her to her pediatrician and also call her nuerologist first thing in the morning. We just got home from the hospital and it's like 3 in the morning. They did send us home with some diastat to give her rectally if she seizes again.

I am so scared cause I have no idea why this happened. I have been racking my brain to figure out what could have caused it, but nothing is coming to mind. She hasn't hit her head recently. She wasn't choking on anything. It's a mystery to me as to why she had a seizure and one that lasted so long. It was so scary to watch. I don't ever wish that on anyone ever. As soon as I know more I will update. Just keep us in your prayers for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you both and if you need ANYTHING please dont hesitate to ask!!!

Shylent said...

Oh my ! I feel so bad for Miss E - and you ! What a terribly scary thing ! How did she deal with it afterwards ?
I am not sure what time I will be home tomorrow (okay , later today , lol) but feel free to call me if you want !