The University of Michigan Nuerology Clinic called me this morning and they already have an appointment set up for Elizabeth to see the neurologist and have her EEG done. She is having it done next Monday at 1 p.m. and will see the doctor at 4:30 p.m. The worse part is that E has to be sleep deprived for the test and it's a 3 hour drive to Ann Arbor from here. So I am going to have to see if Stacey can take the day off and ride with me to help keep E awake on the ride down there.
So I am glad that they got the EEG set up so fast. I am really hoping they will be able to tell me what caused her seizure, although I have been warned they we may never know. I got a hold of the school nurse today and she is putting it into Elizabeth's care plan and going to the school tomorrow to instruct the teachers and bus drivers on what to look for and how to give E the diastat if she does have a seizure again.
We are set to see her pediatrician and pulmonologist on Wednesday of this week. And I don't think I mentioned it before, because of the excitment from the seizures, but E had her swallow study last Thursday and did very well. No aspiration at all. the therapist has said she can have thin liquids during the day if given by straw only. Otherwise it has to be thickened before she can have it. We are also suppose to work on getting her to swallow more timely. They said to try giving her very cold and very warm things alternating or changing the textures of the food with every bite. I'm also suppose to have her dry swallow to make sure she has swallowed completely and haveher take a drink to make sure all residue is cleared away. She also isn't suppose to lay down for bed until after a half hour has passed since the end of feeding time just to make sure all residue again is gone. All in all it was very promising.
No comments:
Post a Comment