Well as sleep deprived as I am I wanted to let everyone know what has been decided. Elizabeth's EEG went well. She slept like an angel for the test. In fact I was having a hard time keeping her awake while they put all the probes on her head. She kept wanting to lay her head against me and to fall asleep. We don't know the exact results of the EEG yet, but the doctor should have it tomorrow.
However, even given the fact that they don't have the results of the EEG, he has decided to put E on an anti-seizure medication. However, he isn't going to decide what to put her on until he has the results of what her EEG says. He says that because this is the second seizure E has had that wasn't caused by a fever, they want to medicate her. Her first one was in February of 2007 and we chaulked it up to her coming down with RSV. She didn't have a fever then and the seizure was very brief, but very convulsive. This time there was no fever again, but the seizure lasted a lot longer and wasn't as convulsive as the first time. There for he wants her on a anti-seizure medication. They have found that kids treated for seizures sooner rather than later tend to out grow the seizures and don't need the medication as adults. They want to put her on something very mild. She will need to be on the medication for 2 years with no seizures before they will take her off the medication.
He also wants the cd of the ct scan that Devos did on her after this last seizure to look at himself. He wants to make sure it's a complete and normal ct scan and not a limited ct scan, meaning that there is places not seen clearly on the scan. If it is limited he then wants her to have another mri. The last one she had on 2005 was done without contrast, cause after being put out, they tried unsuccessfully 24 times to get an i.v. in her and then gave up. He doesn't want to have to do the mri unless absolutely neccessary because of her compromised lungs nad the need for anesthia and the fact she is such a hard i.v. start.
So all in all we still aren't real sure what caused this last seizure, but we do know that the doctors feel she needs to be medicated for them now as a procautionary measure. So with in the next few days I will know the results of the EEG for sure and I will know the medication they are planning to put her on. Please bear with me on this post. I really hope I have made sense. I am going on less then 2 hours sleep in the last 31 hours and things aren't real clear to me at the moment and I am having a very hard time concentrating on what I want to say. Thank you to everyone that has prayed for us and kept us in your thoughts. It is very much appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment