Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Such Exciting News!!!
I'm so excited to be able to post this, Elizabeth had her first sandwich tonight!!!! It was a turkey and cheese cut in the shape of a dinosaur. She dipped it in ranch dressing as that has become a favorite of hers. She also had a sald for the fourth time now. She ate 2 plain hamburgers over the weekend as well. I honestly never thought this day would get here. She is getting to the point where she is starting to eat age appropriate foods. We still have a long way to go, but this is such a huge and exciting step!! You can't possibly understand how proud of her I am and how hard it was to get her here. She still needs to go 4 months with out using her tube at all before they will even consider removing it. That means she will have to drink all her milk at every meal every day for 4 months. Right now we have to tube her at least once a week. But hey, we are making such huge progress. I will post again Thursday night after her doctors appointments with her g.i. and pulmonary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is huge progress! =0)
Post a Comment