Thursday, April 7, 2011

New video of Elizabeth

The following video I created from pictures of Elizabeth's numerous hospital stays and her surgeries.  They are graphic in nature.  I have never left her side while she has been in the hospital.  On more than one occasion I have been criticized by family members for spending so much time in the hospital with Elizabeth and not enough time home taking care of Joe and Quincie when I was still with him.  My response has always been the same, I am Elizabeth's mother first and foremost.  She is innocent and didn't ask for any of this.  It is my job and not the nurses to look after and advocate for her.  Joe was a grown man and Quincie was his responisibilty and not mine.  My place was next to Elizabeth.  I would of never been able to forgive myself if anything happened to her and I was not there to care for her.  I will always be by her side and I will never leave her alone when she is most vulnerable.  The song that accompanies this video is by Rascal Flatts and to me tells exactly how I feel everyday for my little girl.  "Won't Let Go"

1 comment:

DevonLeah said...

thanks for sharing...and Im the same way when my boy is in hospital. I have other kids and a hubby, but they understand and want me to be there. You are doing right thing ((hugs))