So a very good friend of mine and I decided that we really haven't been doing a good job keeping up with our children's blogs. Therefor we have decided that starting today we will both start blogging every Wednesday about the life of our child or family in the previous week.
It has been awhile since I last blogged and yes a lot has happened. There have been a lot of changes, in fact probably more than I can remember. So with that being said, I think I will have tonight's blog reflect what is happening current and what I hope to happen soon.
Elizabeth currently has some kind of cold going on. She had influenza b and a sinus infection 2 weeks ago. Now she has a really nasty wet cough and is constantly telling me, "yuck mom, I just coughed up snot and swallowed it." I want to laugh every time she says it, but I refrain and tell her that that is good and it means she is getting it out of her lungs. She is also getting over her (as I have now named it) "Once a Month Mystery Diarrhea." I say it's a mystery because I don't know what is causing it, but like clockwork it happens every month for the last 6 months. She was suppose to see G.I. next Thursday, but they called to reschedule today to the 14th of April due to the NP being out on medical. So I have phone calls out to her ped and also the nurse at g.i. office. Maybe next week I'll have some more info on this mystery.
She is eating rather well lately. In fact better than she ever has and I am thrilled with this. We are slowly upgrading textures and right now she gets one (as she calls it) chewy food a meal(fork mashed) and 2 purees. She is still giving us problems with drinking her milk and it's is very frustrating as we know she can drink the cup in less than 5 minutes, she just chooses not too!!! She is currently 44 inches and 37.4 lbs which puts her bmi at 6%, which isn't great but it's above 5% so I'm happy.
Still having lots of behavior problems here and at school. She has been dx with ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorder. We have a social worker that sees her once a week either at home or at school, her name in Tania. Tania is beginning to think that Elizabeth may have some sensory integration issues that are contributing to her inattention. She doesn't seem to be able to tune out the noise and sounds around her and to concentrate with noises around her. We have some ideas that we are going to implement to see if we can keep her focused. Tania also wants me to watch Elizabeth's moods closely as she is predisposed to bi-polar and we want to make sure we aren't seeing some of those tendencies and saying it's ADHD which happens a lot with children. I have her spring parent/teacher conference tomorrow, so I'm sure I will blog about that next week.
It has been nearly 8 months since Elizabeth has visited and stayed with her father and she doesn't talk to him on the phone either. She may see him on the rare occasion that he comes to a doctor's appointment, but that is it. I told him in December that until he got his life together, we couldn't have any communication with her. I feel it was making things worse for her with all the empty promises and no shows. Tania has fully agreed with this decision and says I did the right thing. His family isn't happy about this, but it's not about making them happy, but about doing what is right for Elizabeth's mental, emotional, and physical well being and safety. As a side note, he never even calls me or texts me to see how she is doing, just sayin'~
Well I think that about wraps it up for now. Next weeks won't be so long and hopefully more fun to read. I will also be trying to add pictures every week starting next week of the little diva herself!!!
1 comment:
Wow, I had no idea about your little girl! That is a lot for a person to handle on her own! I will be thinking of you guys! I look forward to reading more, and hope that "E" is feeling well today.
Post a Comment